Business Resource Guide
The following links are provided as a resource to local businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Back on Track Indiana: Industry Guidelines for Reopening
In an effort to address the needs and concerns regarding Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) in the workforce, the NWI Small Business Task force is asking
business owners to complete a quick survey.
Click here to learn about a State Business Grant Program which begins Wednesday, June 3rd.
**The Small Business Administration (SBA) will resume accepting Paycheck Protection Program loan applications on Monday, April 27th at 9:30 a.m CDT.** Click here to learn more about the Paycheck Protection Program.
**Please click here for an Important Update on the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)**
1. The State of Indiana will open a call center to field industry questions about Governor Eric J. Holcomb’s Executive Order 20-08, which provides for essential and non-essential business operations, infrastructure and governmentfunctions while the state observes a stay-at-home order from March 25-April 7. Please use this link for more information.
2. Indiana Emergency Response Program Gener8tor, in partnership with the Indiana Economic Development Corporation announced a new initiative upporting small businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. Gener8tor is hosting emergency one-week virtual programs for small businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. These programs will feature daily webinars designed to identify, understand, and help small businesses secure resources to withstand the current crisis. One-on-one office hours will also be available. Please use this link for more information. Click here for link to webinar recording for step-by-step process on applying for SBA eligible programs. Click here for information about emergency Response Program: CARES Act. Click here for the Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act.
3. Restore Your Economy: RestoreYourEconomy.org is a resource for up-to-date information related to COVID-19 and its economic impacts.
It is managed by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) with generous support from the U.S. Economic Development Administration and IEDC’s Economic Development Research Partners program. Please use this link for more information.
4. The Work One website has a Community Resource Guide Online. Please use this link for more information.
5. The SBA also has a debt refinance program available. See flyer for details.
6. Local businesses can share hours and websites for online ordering at: www.nwistrong.com
7. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has several resources on its website to help businesses, particularly, weather the storm. Please visit FEMA’s website here for a full directory of resources.
9. The South Shore CVA is maintaining a list of region restaurants that are offering carryout or delivery. Please use this linkfor more information.
10. Apply for an Emergency Response Grant through the Legacy Foundation. Please use this link for more information.
11. Senator Mike Braun has issued a Resource Guide for businesses and employees affected by COVID-19. Click here to access this resource guide.
12. For the most recent updates on COVID-19 in Indiana, please visit: IN.Gov/coronavirus
13. The Center of Workforce Innovations (CWI) has complied a list of useful resources for NWI employers and businesses. Click here to access this list.
14. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has prepared a Small Business Guide and Checklist regarding Coronavirus Emergency Loans. Click here for more information.
16. The PPE Marketplace was launched to help small businesses and nonprofit organizations to obtain the personal protective equipment necessary to safely reopen. Click here for more information.