Hobart Parks Department
Our parks are open from dawn until dusk. Restroom facilities at the parks will be open from May through October of each year based on the weather.
Thank you for helping take care of our Hobart Parks!
- Pets are allowed in the parks only if they are on a leash. Their waste must be immediately cleaned up and disposed of properly.
- Motorized vehicles are only allowed in designated parking areas.
- Please dispose of all debris in trash receptacles provided.
- Cutting, removal, or destruction of plant life or property is prohibited.
- Unauthorized possession of firearms or other weapons is prohibited.
- Household and/or commercial garbage dumping is prohibited.
- Overnight camping is prohibited.
- Swimming is not allowed in any of the lakes.
- Open burning and all fireworks are prohibited.
- Golfing is not allowed in any of the parks.
- No alcohol is allowed in the parks.
For more information about our regulations, or to report park vandalism, please call the Hobart Parks Department Office at 219-942-2987.
Park Rental Facilities
Click here for information on renting the parks:
Community Center Rental Information
Here are links to the Community Center rental forms and information:
Park Board Meetings
Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month at 6 pm in the Council Chambers at City Hall. Please visit our Board of Parks Commissioners page to view meeting times, browse agendas and minutes, and contact board members.
Follow us on our Hobart Parks Department Facebook page