Keeping unused, unwanted and expired prescription and over-the-counter drugs in your home poses a risk to you, your family and your community.To provide you with an anonymous, easy, secure and responsible way to properly dispose of these drugs, the Hobart Police Department has established a permanent pharmaceutical drug drop-off box for all Lake County residents.
Please follow these instructions for free disposal of your unwanted medications:
- Gather all unwanted medications from where you have them stored.
- If possible, leave all medications in their original containers. You may black out any personal information that is on the bottle.
- Bring the medications to the secured drug collection box. Located in the Hobart Police Department lobby.
- Prescription medications and
- medication samples
- Over-the-counter medications
- Illegal narcotics:
(Cocaine, Marijuana, Methamphetamine, Heroin) You must contact an officer for assistance with these substances!
- No Syringes
- No Needles
- No Lancets
- No Inhalers
For more information on our Prescription Drug Take Back program view our Prescription Drug Brochure(PDF).