Personal Property Tax Abatement
Personal property tax abatement is a phase-in of the taxes generated by new assessed value from four eligible types of new equipment. These eligible types of equipment are manufacturing, logistical distribution, information technology, and research and development. The term ’new’ refers to never having been used for any purpose in Indiana; so equipment used in another state qualifies as new in Indiana.
This discretionary incentive is granted by the City Council.
|Year||Tax Abatement Amount|
Important Information About Building Permits
Completion of the abatement approval process is required prior to the installation of any equipment.
Online Forms, Applications & Documents
- Acknowledgement of Compliance With Policies
- City’s Tax Abatement Policies as Itemized on Acknowledgement of Compliance w/Policies
- Application for Tax Abatement Common Council (Form CCAP)
- Areas Eligible For Tax Abatement & Zoning and Plat Of Subdivision Conditions
- Business Tangible Personal Property Assessment Return (Form 103-Long)
- Business Tangible Personal Property Return (Form 104)
- Calendar of Required Meetings to Be Attended by Petitioner
- Checklist for Supporting Documentation Required for Evaluation of Compliance With Statement of Benefits
- Compliance With Statement of Benefits Personal Property (CF-1/PP)
- Deadlines and Information Required for Filing Tax Abatement Applications and Abatement Requests That Require EDC Action
- Equipment List for New Additions to ERA Deduction Personal Property in Economic Revitalization Area (Form 103-EL)
- Public Notice Posting Requirements and Affidavit Submission Prior to Common Council Public Hearing
- Schedule of Deduction From Assessed Valuation Personal Property in Economic Revitalization Area (Form 103-ERA)
- Statement of Benefits Personal Property (SB-1/PP)
- Statement in Regard to AppealsCompliance With Statement of Benefits Personal Property