Spring Leaf Collection
SPRING LEAF COLLECTION crews will be vacuuming leaves curbside beginning April 11th and ending April 22nd, weather permitting. Spring leaf collection will be on a call in basis.
FALL LEAF COLLECTION Leaf crews will be vacuuming leaves curbside beginning October 18th and ending on December 23rd, weather permitting. The Street Department has a regular route starting on the east end of town and working west until the entire city is serviced; then, the department starts their route over again. Please rake leaves to the curb for collection. Leaves should be placed in a narrow pile on the city easement, within 5 feet of the street.
Calling when yard work is complete is not necessary due to the fact that we follow a schedule and will be by as soon as possible.
- Please do not rake leaves into streets, ditches, or drainage swales as they will block storm drains.
- Do not put leaves in cans or plastic bags.
- We will not return for leaf piles passed due to vehicle obstruction.
- Leaf piles should be free of rocks, sticks, bricks, garbage, and other foreign objects.
- Leaves should not be placed by mailboxes, power line guide wires, or utility poles.
- No leaves or leaf bags will be picked up from alleyways.
Once the collection season begins, schedules will be posted daily for the following day.